The Academia General Militar is commanded by a Brigadier General of the Army, who, in turn, is the Commandant of the Center. The organization of the Academy is divided into six major departments:
1. Advisory and support organs dependent directly from the General Director:
o Headquarters: It is the main advisory body of the General Director.
o Finance Section: It manages all the financial resources allocated to the AGM.
o Institutional Support Office to the Military Commandant: It provides support and advice to the Commandant in the performance of his duties as Military Commandant of Zaragoza and Teruel.
o Non-Commissioned-Officership: It advises on enlisted personnel. It is the element linking element with them.
o Legal Advisory: It provides legal advice to the General Director.
o Private Secretariat.
o Director of Studies: It manages all about Curriculum, Cadet Corps and Faculty. It organically fits to all students.
2. Head of Support and Services: It provides support for military training and services to the Academy.
3. Music Unit: It coordinates and executes all the tasks concerning military music events and concerts.
4. Libraries and Museum: It manages bibliographic and museum collections of this academic Center.
5. “Cátedra Cervantes (Chair)”: it organizes and coordinates the series of lectures, the International Defense Course and directs the Journal and the Supplement “Armas y Cuerpos (Arms and Corps) with the aim of contributing to the whole-meaning training, promoting the dissemination of culture of defense.